WRLH/LEXUS OF RICHMOND’S LEADERSHIP AWARD FAN FAVORITE
ONLINE VOTING OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: Lexus of Richmond’s Leadership Award Fan Favorite
Station: Sinclair Communications, LLC dba WRLH
Station Address: WRLH, 1925 Westmoreland Street Richmond, VA 23230
Contest Area: Virginia Counties: Henrico, Richmond City, Hanover, Chesterfield, Powhatan and Goochland.
Age of Eligibility: Contest Area High School Seniors who have been selected as nominees of the 2017 Lexus of Richmond's Leadership Award Fan Favorite scholarship program and have submitted a signed Contest release by May 11, 2017 (if nominee is a minor, release must be signed by nominee’s parent or legal guardian).
Sponsor: Lexus of Richmond
Prize Provider: Lexus of Richmond
Contest Period: May 11, 2017 to May 21, 2017
Entries Due: Entry is NOT open to the public. All eligible nominees of the 2017 Lexus of Richmond's Leadership Award Fan Favorite scholarship program will be automatically entered into the Contest.
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant. Online voting is limited to one (1) vote per IP address per day. Text voting is limited to one (1) vote per account per day.
Video Topic: Lexus of Richmond's Leadership Award Fan Favorite Nominee Interviews
Online and Text Voting Period: 12:00 PM EDT on May 11, 2017 to 11:59 PM EDT on May 21, 2017
Keyword: Visit the Contest Page on the Station’s Website, Station’s Facebook Page or Sponsor’s Facebook Page and look for the respective keyword for each nominee. Keywords will be located within the nominee interview video descriptions. Texts must include one (1) keyword for the respective nominee who the voter participant wants to win, in order for the vote to be registered.
Short Code: 30126
Number of Winners Based on Voting Results: One (1)
Total Number of Winners: One (1)
Prize and Value: One (1) $500 Amazon Gift Card. Total approximate retail value of prize is $500.
Sponsor’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/lexusofrichmond
Station’s Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/foxrichmond
Station’s Website: http://www.foxrichmond.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://foxrichmond.com/sections/station/tos.shtml
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter
Entry is NOT open to the public. The Contest Page, which will include the interviews of each eligible nominee of the 2017 Lexus of Richmond's Leadership Award Fan Favorite scholarship program, will be accessible for online voting on the Station’s Website, Station’s Facebook Page and Sponsor’s Facebook Page. Voting will also be available via text.
1. During the Online and Text Voting Period, viewers will be prompted to vote online via the Station’s Facebook Page, Station’s Website and Sponsor’s Facebook Page for the Contest. Online Voting is limited to one (1) vote per IP address per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified Facebook “Likes” are not considered votes.
2. During the Online and Text Voting Period, viewers will also be prompted to vote via text by texting the Keyword of the nominee they want to win to the Short Code. Text Voting is limited to one (1) vote per account holder per day. Duplicate votes will be disqualified Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the vote is considered the voting participant. Participants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to vote via this method. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to Short Code to cancel. Text HELP to Short Code for help. Each entrant will also be automatically registered for the FOX Richmond Text Club, and will receive up to three (3) text messages per month from an automated system. By entering, entrants consent to and will receive up to one (1) text message per entry relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services.
3. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, vote farming, vote purchasing, or any other activity that artificially inflates such entrant’s votes as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
4. The Station reserves the right to determine in its sole and absolute discretion whether the online votes are valid and may disqualify any duplicate votes. Multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source will be considered invalid.
How to Win
At the end of the Online Voting Period, one (1) winner will be selected based on the nominee interview with the highest number of valid votes received, as determined by Station, in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of a tie, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from among the tied entrants.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be High School Seniors who have been selected as nominees of the 2017 Lexus of Richmond's Leadership Award Fan Favorite scholarship program and submitted a signed Contest release, which was received by Station by May 11, 2017 (if nominee is a minor, release must be signed by nominee’s parent or legal guardian).
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”), contest software providers, social media platforms, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries (including photographs) received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries (including photographs) become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. Entrant’s mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prize, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner as the entrant with the next highest number of valid votes, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be determined, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s) and Facebook accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s) contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. Facebook is not affiliated with the Station or the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.