An Evening With Yanni Texting Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be VA State residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRLH viewing area, and be a new or existing member of WRLH text club (how to register described below).
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRLH (the “Station”), Carpenter Theater, and Magic Space Entertainment, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per contestant. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To enter, text YANNI to the short code 67336. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. By entering, all entrants become a member of the Station’s text club, and may receive up to four messages per month.
(c) The contest starts on May 22, 2012, and ends on June 1, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:45 a.m. EDT each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each day during the Contest Period, one (1) daily winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of ten (10) winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next daily drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Ten (10) winners will each receive two (2) Tickets to An Evening With Yanni on June 6, 2012 at the Carpenter Theater. Each prize is valued at $160. The Station and Sponsors are not responsible in the event the concert is cancelled or postponed.
2. Winners will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within two (2) days of notification, at the time winner claims his or her prize in person at the Station. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within one (1) day, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will not be awarded. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be selected.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRLH Fox Richmond, 1925 Westmoreland Street Richmond, VA 23230.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRLH Fox Richmond, 1925 Westmoreland Street Richmond, VA 23230 by July 10, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., and Magic Space Entertainment accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. Mobile service provider may charge for each text message sent and received according to its standard text messaging rates. Entrants should check phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions and consult with mobile service provider regarding pricing plans. Entrants must be a mobile service subscriber with text messaging service, using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate.