Christmas on the Potomac Text 2 Win Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WRLH viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRLH (the “Station”), Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. One entry per person. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) Weekdays between December 2, 2013 and December 6, 2013, watch Road Trippin’ which airs in FOX Richmond Morning News between 7:30am EST and 8:05am EST on WRLH digital channel 35, and look for the Keyword of the Day. Then, to enter, text the Keyword of the Day to the short code 67336. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Text STOP to 67336 to cancel. Text HELP to 67336 for help. By entering, entrants consent to receive up to 10 messages relating to this contest, from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on December 2, 2013, and all entries must be received by Station by 12:00p.m. EST on December 6, 2013. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) On December 6, 2013, one (1) winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries having the correct keyword.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The Grand Prize winner will receive Two-nights accommodations (one room for up to a family of four) at Gaylord National in National Harbor, Maryland; four (4) tickets to ICE! featuring ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas; one (1) breakfast for four (4) ; souvenir family photo; and all applicable state, hotel and motel taxes, self-parking and complimentary resort fee, valued at nine hundred dollars ($900). The prize is subject to reservation, availability, and must be used by January 5, 2014. The prize does not include transportation, other meals, travel insurance, or any other expenses.
2. Winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If the winner cannot be notified within 3 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid and correct entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WRLH-TV/DT 1925 Westmoreland Street Richmond, VA 23230 and on the Station’s website at www.foxrichmond.com
3. For name of prize winner, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1925 Westmoreland Street Richmond, VA 23230 by December 15, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. Sinclair Communications, LLC, and Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.