Morning News Fan of the Day Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Virginia residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WRLH viewing area, and are an existing user of Facebook.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRLH (the “Station”), Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per IP address.
(b) To enter, Log onto www.foxrichmond.com or www.facebook/foxrichmond.com and click “Like” to access the Fox Richmond Morning News Facebook Fan of the day Icon. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically completed or reproduced entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on August 20, 2012 and ends at 5:00 pm EDT on September 28, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 5:00 p.m. EDT each day during the Contest Period to qualify for the daily drawing. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability or any other electronic malfunction, or if text message is not received.
(d) Each weekday during the Contest Period, one (1) daily winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of thirty (30) daily winners. Each daily winner will also be deemed the “Fan of the Day”. Each Friday during the Contest Period, one (1) weekly grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among the five (5) daily winners for that week, for a total of six (6) grand prize winners. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next daily drawing.
1. Thirty (30) daily winners will be selected. Each daily winner will receive a Fox Richmond morning news prize pack containing: one (1) umbrella, one (1) coffee mug, (1) travel mug, one (1), fox Richmond morning news magnet, one (1) reusable grocery tote, valued at $45.00. Six (6) grand prize winners will each receive a Kindle Fire valued at $100.00.
2. Winner(s) will be notified by phone. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification at the time winner(s) claim his/her prize in person at the Station. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 5 days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries, or from among remaining daily winners, as the case may be.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Odds of winning a weekly grand prize is 1 in 5 daily winners.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1925 Westmoreland Street. Richmond, VA 23230 and on the Station’s website at www.foxrichmond.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WRLH 1925 Westmoreland Street. Richmond, VA 23230 by September 30, 2012.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications LLC. Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and The Douglas Group, Inc. dba UPICKEM accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
7. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.