Facebook Fan of the Day Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents, who are 18 years of age or older, and reside in the WRLH viewing area (the DMA), and an existing user of Facebook.com.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WRLH-TV (the “Station), Facebook, Inc., Facebook.com, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry per URL address per day.
(b) To enter, log onto the FOX Richmond Facebook page at www.facebook.com/foxrichmond, and click “Like” to access the FOX Richmond Facebook Fan of the Day contest page and online entry form. Complete the online entry form with your name, address, phone number, and birth date in the provided area and click submit. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on Monday August 29, 2011 and will run daily until such date the Station determines in its sole and absolute discretion, as posted on the Station’s Facebook page (the “Contest Period”). Station is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
(d) Each weekday during the Contest Period beginning September 26, 2011 one (1) daily winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries as the “Fan of the Day”. Each weekday during the Contest Period beginning September 26, 2011, one (1) daily winner will be selected by random drawing from among the valid entries. Entries will carry over to the next daily drawing.
(e) All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. Each of the daily winners will receive a FOX Richmond prize bag, valued at a minimum of $25. Winners will be advised of the exact prizes at the time of notification.
2. Qualifiers will be notified by email, and the winners will be notified by phone. Winners must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 2 business days of notification before claiming prizes. Winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winners must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 2 business days, or does not sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifers for the respective weekly drawing.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winners are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc and Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at FOX Richmond, 1925 Westmoreland Street, Richmond VA 23230m and at www.foxrichmond.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to 1925 Westmoreland Street, Richmond VA 23230 within two (2) weeks of the weekly drawing and indicate which week.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Television of Charleston, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and Facebook.com accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against the Station, any sponsors, Facebook.com, and their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest,
6. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
7. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
8. Facebook, Inc. and www.facebook.com (collectively, “Facebook”) are not affiliated with the Station nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook.